I am pleased to announce the release of PyAMF 0.6b2.
PyAMF implements Adobe's ActionScript Message Format such that Python applications can natively talk to Flash and Air applications.
Highlights of this release:
- A huge performance boost, especially for the c-extensions. Current benchmarks put this around an order of magnitude faster than 0.5.1 (pure python version is around 30% faster)
- Dropped support for Python 2.3, a start to a march to Python 3 compatibility
- Provide support for Django >= 1.2 and SQLAlchemy >= 0.6
- Switched the client from httplib to urllib2 and provided support for session cookies, gzip encoded responses and more!
- Provided support for AppEngine's BlobReferenceProperty
- Property synonyms are now supported
- Default AMF version has been switched from AMF0 to AMF3
For a detailed list of changes, see the change log.
We have created a simple PyAMF example for the ByteArray class in ActionScript which provides methods and properties to optimize reading, writing, and working with binary data. The PyAMF equivalent of this class is also called ByteArray that provides the same basic functionality.