PyAMF 0.6b2 released
I am pleased to announce the release of PyAMF 0.6b2.
PyAMF implements Adobe's ActionScript Message Format such that Python applications can natively talk to Flash and Air applications.
Highlights of this release:
- A huge performance boost, especially for the c-extensions. Current benchmarks put this around an order of magnitude faster than 0.5.1 (pure python version is around 30% faster)
- Dropped support for Python 2.3, a start to a march to Python 3 compatibility
- Provide support for Django >= 1.2 and SQLAlchemy >= 0.6
- Switched the client from httplib to urllib2 and provided support for session cookies, gzip encoded responses and more!
- Provided support for AppEngine's BlobReferenceProperty
- Property synonyms are now supported
- Default AMF version has been switched from AMF0 to AMF3
For a detailed list of changes, see the change log.